WARREN BUFFET : TOP TEN QUOTES OF ALL TIME
Warren Buffet, also known as the “Oracle of Omaha” is an American business investor, magnate and philanthropist. He is widely regarded as one of the most successful investors in the world. He is the chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway and is consistently ranked amongst the world’s wealthiest people (number one in 2008 and third at the moment in 2011).
Warren Buffet is noted for his adherence to the Value Investing philosophy and for his personal frugality despite his immense wealth and has pledged to give away 99% of his fortune to philanthropic causes. He is famous for his speeches and his fans around the world hang on to his every word. His most repeated quotations are very memorable such as “I buy expensive suits. They just look cheap on me”.
Here are my Top Ten Warren Buffet famous quotes :
1. Rule No.1: Never lose money. Rule No.2: Never forget rule No.1.
2. I don’t look to jump over 7-foot bars: I look around for 1-foot bars that I can step over.
3. In the business world, the rear view mirror is always clearer than the windshield.
4. It’s better to hang out with people better than you. Pick out associates whose behavior is better than yours and you’ll drift in that direction.
5. Look at market fluctuations as your friend rather than your enemy; profit from folly rather than participate in it.
6. Only buy something that you’d be perfectly happy to hold if the market shut down for 10 years.
7. Risk comes from not knowing what you’re doing.
8. Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.
9. You only have to do a very few things right in your life so long as you don’t do too many things wrong.
And of course his most famous…..
10. We simply attempt to be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful.
Happy trading folks.