I think there comes a time (especially when the market is in a downturn and the screens are red) when we all have to ask ourselves why are we investing / trading.
It might be a silly question to most, but I decided to put pen to paper and come up with 5 good reasons as to why I trade. And here they are :
- To create a second income that is dictated by my own decisions entirely; and profits that I generate will be due to the hard work and commitment I have put into to studying and researching my investment and trading methods and strategies.
- As trading nowadays is carried out on-line it can be done 24 hours a day – this provides such great flexibility and opportunity to be able to work from home with hours to suit and to be able to spend so much more time with my family.
- Apparently only 10% of investors regularly make money and in Forex this is less than 5 %, so to be in this bracket is great motivational driver for me.
- In line with the “raison d’etre” of this web-site, one reason has to be to achieve long term financial freedom.
- To have a “plan-B” should health become an issue or that I want to stop working in my current job, I shall have the means to be able to fund myself during any lengthy stoppage.
I am sure there are more reasons as to why I trade, but these are my favourites. Hopefully by writing these down, the reasons will be magnified and I shall be more dedicated to achieving them.
Did I miss any?